If you like my blog. Please donate some cash to me so I could go on paying my bills.

Google SearchBox

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Diaspora- THE NEXT FACEBOOK.

I'm a user of facebook. I tend to log on everyday if internet is available. Likely it's almost every single day since these days internet is available everywhere. I've used facebook for 3 years and it has done everything i want in a Social Network site. I've also used myspace. But how long was that? Just a year i think. And then i stopped. Myspace was boring, slow, and filled with spam. Thanks Mark Zuckerberg for creating facebook. But Earlier this year, Facebook was embroiled in controversy after it made significant privacy changes. Users didn’t like having more of their information public, so they revolted.

During the height of the crisis, four NYU students decided to create an open source alternative to Facebook called Diaspora. Their goal was to raise $10,000 for their summer project, but dramatic interest helped them raise over $100,000 through donations. Even Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg donated to the project.This 'new facebook' called Diaspora is going to have better privacy,  set up their own personal servers, called seeds, create their own hubs and fully control the information they share.


From what i've read i am looking forward to Diaspora. Who knows it might be the new social network that everyone will be talking about. Thanks for reading. And follow me on my Twitter @azrulikhwan96.


For more information: 
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/12/nyregion/12about.html?_r=1
http://mashable.com/2010/08/26/facebook-alternative-diaspora-launches-september-15/
http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/15/diaspora-revealed/



No comments:

Post a Comment